Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Still I Sometimes Do - Words and Music by Randy Robinson

Hey Everyone,

The CD is just about done now, all that remains is the hard stuff ;o)

In reality, most of the songs have been recorded and it should be in the hands of the mixing/mastering guru soon. We have been given snippets of songs to listen to and wow, they do sound good (ok, so we are a bit biased).

For those of you who have been following this blog, the CD will consist of some traditional bluegrass, some contemporary bluegrass, and a couple of OSM originals. Below are the words to "Still I Sometimes Do", as penned by Randy. It is a great song.



Still I Sometimes Do

I met a girl back at home
the spring I moved away
It broke my heart to leave her there
sometimes life’s that way

I went on to a good job in the city
She stayed back there in the hills to her memories
And I don’t try to think about her when I’m blue
Still I sometimes do

Chorus

Some day I’ll go back home again
Some day I’ll see all my old friends
‘till then I hope she thinks about me too
still I sometimes do

Time has a way, it’s been said
Of moving life along
I’ve heard she’s well, settled down
And life goes on

The other day I got a good raise down at work
I got an office and a title on my shirt
And I don’t try to think about her when I’m blue
Still I sometimes do

Chorus

1 comment:

victor said...

What can I say except that you guys are moving way too fast for this old man. It’s a good thing that you didn’t take my offer about needing a twelve string guitar man to complete your band. (lol)

I’ll close by saying that I don’t always get time to check out your blog but “Still I Sometimes Do.”

Keep Up The Good Work.

Father In-Law